Sunday, February 7, 2010

YWAM

Hello!
Welcome to the first of many posts that will make up a summery of my adventures with Jesus! As many of you know, I am off on one such adventure on the beautiful island of Hawaii in a town called Kona. Here I am doing a program called Youth With A Mission. I am involved in a Discipleship Training School entitled Fire and Fragrance.
For me the Journey began about two and a half months ago when the Lord called me to apply for the school while I was attending Seattle Pacific University. I began the application and was told the school was full. While I understood that this meant that I was most likely not going to be going to Hawaii, I still believed I had received a clear word from the Lord. Then the night before I left SPU for Christmas break I received a phone call from YWAM. A man proceeded to tell me that, though I had been told the school was full, he had seen the part of my application that was finished and felt the Lord was calling me to Fire and Fragrance. He took my application to the leaders they prayed over me and said that I was excepted. I didn't even need to finish my application!
So, after Christmas break I packed up my apartment in Seattle, sent my things home with my brother and got on a plane for Hawaii with no idea what laid ahead for the next six months of my life. All I knew was that I wanted to learn so much more about this God that I had loved sense I was young and to share his love in what ever capacity I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment